Greetings, fellow true believers! Another week, another blog post.
First things first. As you all know by now, I am uploading all my novels to Smashwords and Lulu.com in preparation for breaking with Amazon entirely. Robots and Vampires: A Cyborg’s Odyssey is already up on Smashwords, and I will have both The Standard Tech Case Files: The Black Coats and The Dead and the Damned up by the end of this week. All three will be on Lulu.com by the end of the month.
Beginning in February, I will go back to writing my fanfiction and the next novel in the Standard Tech Case Files series. Also starting in February, I will have new rewards for my patrons on Patreon, so be sure to check those out! More details later.
Today, though, I want to talk about something else for a minute. Specifically, I want to talk about Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order. Join me under the cut!
So I was sick for pretty much all of last week, so there wasn’t any progress made on This Is Halloween (November’s short story) or the Uncanny X-Men.
What’s most likely going to happen is that Uncanny will come out this week, but you guys will get two short stories in December.
In the meantime, you can check Robots and Vampires and The Standard Tech Case Files: The Black Coats on Amazon. And don’t forget to vote for The Dead and The Damned! We’re at over two hundred nominations at this point, but we need more! Every vote counts.
And finally, fuck Trump and everything he stands for.
Whooo kay, this has been a long week:
- The Standard Tech Case Files: The Dead and the Damned is in the final editing stages and will be on Kindle Scout this month. Once it’s on there, I can’t stress this enough: you guys need to vote for it. Please. Pretty please with cherries on top. It’s the only way I can get the publishing contract and therefore the money to get away from my horrible dead-end job. And, even more importantly, continue to write.
- Angels of the Docks, October’s short story, will be up September 30/October 1st. September 30th is only if you’re a Patron, so please check out my Patreon page.
- I know the Uncanny X-Men has gone on an unintended hiatus, but rest assured it’s coming back next week.
- In the meant time, please check out my previous novels, Robots and Vampires and The Standard Tech Case Files: The Black Coats.
Until next week!
I swear I will make Tuesdays the consistent update day again one day…
Anyway, here’s the weekly news:
- The Dead and the Damned is coming along great. There’s been a slight change in plans, though. I’m going to try for the Kindle Press program, so the book won’t be available for pre-order for a while yet. The plan is still to get The Dead and the Damned out October 1st, though.
- My next short story, Training Night, is finished and will be out August 1st. July 31st if you’re a patron!
- Chapter 3 of Uncanny X-Men: Children of the Atom is up on FF.net, and Chapter 4 will be up Sunday.
- In the meantime, you can check out Robots and Vampires and The Standard Tech Case Files: The Black Coats on Amazon. You can also support me on Patreon. If you do read either of my novels, don’t forget to leave a review!
That’s it for this week. Until next time!
Hi guys! Sorry I missed the last couple of weeks; they’ve been pretty hectic for me. So here’s what’s going on:
- The Standard Tech Case Files: The Dead and the Damned is coming out October 1st, 2016. Yes, we have an official release date. You will be able to pre-order on Amazon soon.
- The short story for August is called Training Night and will be out July 31st/August 1st, depending on whether or not you support me on Patreon
- The next chapter of The Uncanny X-Men: Children of the Atom, my fanfiction, will be up next Sunday.
While you’re waiting for all that, you can check out my first two novels, Robots and Vampires and The Standard Tech Case Files: The Black Coats on Amazon.
Until then, see you next week!
Hi guys! Sorry I missed last week; I really have no excuse.
However, nothing but good news this week! Let’s begin:
- A Night at the Empire Club is finished. It will be released July 1st/June 30th if you’re a patron
- The Dead and The Damned is coming along nicely. And I will be able to publish it this year. I’m not sure when, mind, but it will be this year.
- The second chapter of Uncanny X-Men: The Children of the Atom will be up next week, due to the same delays that enabled me to miss last week’s post.
- The Standard Tech Case Files: The Black Coats will be free for one day only on Canada Day. If you do download it, don’t forget to leave a review!
That’s it for this week gents. In the meantime don’t forget to check out my Amazon Author Page, with direct links to both of my novels and my Patreon, to help me fund these stories. I also have a gig on Fiverr, for your editing and proofreading needs.
Hi guys! Time for this week’s update.
And I’ve got some bad news. It’s tax time, and it looks like my return is going to… light. Which is a problem because I was depending on that to get The Dead and the Damned published. Which means that The Dead and the Damned may not get published this year.
While I figure out my budget woes, however, I am going to take the time to hammer out the Standard Tech Case Files series bible, along with The Dead and Damned manuscript proper. After I’ve got the series bible hammered out, I’ll go back to my original goal of a short story a month, too.
In the meantime, you can check out my first two novels: Robots and Vampires and The Standard Tech Case Files: The Black Coats on Kindle. Robots and Vampires is also available on print-to-order, and will be in bookstores soon. You can also support me on Patreon.
I will keep you guys updated.
Some exciting things happening this week.
First, I got my first review on Robots and Vampires on Kindle. Five stars, whoohoo!
Secondly, I got the damned cover fixed for CreateSpace (big thank you to Istvanszaboifj on Fiverr for doing that for me). It’s under review now, so it should be ready by tomorrow for print.
In the meantime, The Standard Tech Case Files: The Black Coats is free on Kindle right now, so go check it out. And don’t forget to leave a review!
Until next week.
So, the first review of Robots and Vampires is up on Kindle, finally: http://www.amazon.com/Robots-And-Vampires-Joshua-Corbeil-Stoodley-ebook/dp/B00NDLMDT4?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0
Oh, and The Standard Tech Case Files: The Black Coats is free on Kindle right now, too.
Hi, I’m officially back from my two weeks hiatus and I’m here to regale you all with thrilling tales of exploits.
Okay not really. But I am here to tell you what the plan is and how far I’ve gotten on it.
Firstly, I’m currently rewriting the outline for The Dead and The Damned. Should be out next year, hopefully.
Secondly, I’m still working on the short story ‘The Vampire Club’. It should be out this month (yes, I know I said that for the last two months. If you want to complain about my scheduling habits, you can come and write the damn thing).
Thirdly, I am working on a language for my vampires. Because I’m a crazy person, apparently.
Finally, a reminder that my first two novels are available on Kindle from Amazon. Robots and Vampires (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NDLMDT4?*Version*=1&*entries*=0) is a coming of age tale centered around the cyborg John Smith as he searches for justice in post-World War III America. The Standard Tech Case Files: The Black Coats (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VTWMR7W?*Version*=1&*entries*=0) is a murder mystery in the style of Raymond Chandler. Follow Joey Bianco and his squire Jen Ryan as they unravel the mystery of Akisha Jones’ death.
See you all next week!