Hi-ho, Falconlord here with the planned update schedule for the next few weeks.
- September 26th: A short story set in the Brockhold universe.
- October 3rd: A Fandom Heresy post on The Killing Joke and it’s effect on Barbara Gordon.
- October 10th: A short story set in the Standard Tech universe
- October 17th: A Fandom Heresy post on Crisis On Infinite Earths
- October 24th: A Brockhold short story.
The exact order is subject to change, but this is the basic plan.
If you enjoy this blog, please support me on Patreon or Ko-Fi
Greetings, my fellow random response generators! Falconlord here with another round of Fandom Heresies, where I discuss my more controversial opinions on various fandoms. Other related series will include Fandom Orthodoxies, where I discuss ideas that the fandom at large and I share, and Fandom Funnies, which is random miscellanea I find amusing. Like, for example, discussing what Dungeons and Dragons classes the main cast Tales of Symphonia would be.
This sub-series discusses the Dick/Babs romance, and how it contributed to a steady devaluation of her character. Part 1 is here and Part 2 is here.
Today, we will discuss how the Dick/Babs romance came to be and how it coincided with a steady downgrading of Barbara’s accomplishments.
And yes, before anyone objects, Oracle is a superhero. Bite me if you think otherwise.
Join me under the cut!