Check it out here!
Hi guys! I know I promised a post last week, but I have in fact been in crippling agony for the past week or so due to a cavity that I should have taken care of years ago, but didn’t.
But you don’t want to know about my pain, you want to know about my writing.
And, admittedly, I haven’t gotten a lot done this month. Between the American election and my toothache, I’ve been drained to the max.
So here’s a quick update.
The Standard Tech Case Files: No Blood For Business
Work on the first chapter continues apace. Originally, I had planned to have the first chapter and second chapter finished for this month, but that’s not going to happen.
A preview for the first chapter can be seen on my Patreon. Link here: https://www.patreon.com/joshstoodley
Introducing my newest series, Brockhold! Inspired by the Redwall series by the late (and deeply lamented) Brian Jacques, it takes place in a pseudo-England inhabited by woodland creatures.
The main character is Redfur (name open to revision) a weasel commoner recently promoted to High Constable of Brockhold. He and his best friend, Hob Short-tail, must contend with the damage done to the castle’s guard by the previous High Constable, the lord of Brockhold’s son.
That’s not all the two have to contend with, though. Lord Morchyn of Brockhold intends to marry his son off to Countess Johanna, the young and newly ascended lady of another hold. In Countess Johanna’s retinue is the Lady Ailenor Laflamme, a weasel who’s as hard-bitten and cynical as Redfur himself is.
While the two retainers clash over what is best for their lords, other victims of the previous war arise, with plans of their own…
As always, preview chapters will be posted on Patreon.
This has been a slow year for updates to my fanfic, and I apologize for that.
However, more is coming!
The next chapter is going to undergo a complete re-write; currently it’s all exposition and bad exposition at that.
So that may not come out this year.
That’s it for this time, I’ll see you guys again soon!
You can also catch me at Tumblr at https://falconlord5.tumblr.com where I post live blogs of DCAU shows, the Adam West Batman series and other shit that interests me.
If you want to take a look at it, it’s here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/41351980
Although my city isn’t actually getting hit by the polar vortex, it’s still -30C here.
And, consequently, there will be delays in my writing as I fight to stay warm.
I will have a better update mid-week, I promise.
Greetings, fellow true believers! Another week, another blog post.
First things first. As you all know by now, I am uploading all my novels to Smashwords and Lulu.com in preparation for breaking with Amazon entirely. Robots and Vampires: A Cyborg’s Odyssey is already up on Smashwords, and I will have both The Standard Tech Case Files: The Black Coats and The Dead and the Damned up by the end of this week. All three will be on Lulu.com by the end of the month.
Beginning in February, I will go back to writing my fanfiction and the next novel in the Standard Tech Case Files series. Also starting in February, I will have new rewards for my patrons on Patreon, so be sure to check those out! More details later.
Today, though, I want to talk about something else for a minute. Specifically, I want to talk about Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order. Join me under the cut!
Another week, another update.
- First, the research is not done, but done enough I can start crafting the skeletons of my stories
- Why am I doing this, you ask? Because when I looked over my previous chapters, there were redundant arcs, mis-characterization and worse. A lot of it will have to be re-written.
- On that note, the bare skeletons of the stories (as defined by The Novel Factory, anyway) are done.
- Which means I can move on to the equivalent for my characters! Yay! I want to have them all finished by the end of this week, ‘cept Pokémon. That one will take a little longer because it has way more characters.
- On that note, you should start to see some of my WorldAnvil stuff come online and become public this month, too. I will keep you all updated.
Robots and Vampires (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NDLMDT4): Two hundred years in the future, a young cyborg stops the richest boy in town from killing a gynoid. Now he must flee from the only home he’s ever known to Fort City, base of the mysterious Standard Technologies, Inc. Can he trust them?
The Standard Tech Case Files-The Black Coats (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VTWMR7W): When there’s a corpse on the street, somebody has to answer for that. When the body in question is the squire of a prominent vampire, the call for blood only gets louder. Follow Joey Bianco and his squire Jen Ryan as they hunt down a killer and try to keep the peace between vampires and humans.
The Standard Tech Case Files-The Dead and The Damned (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRSBC7I): Tensions between humanity and vampires are heating up. A vampire store has been ransacked. Protestors are being arrested without trial. Can Joey Bianco and Jen Ryan find a peaceful solution? Or will the streets of Fort City run red with blood?
Yes ladies and gentlefreaks, there is an update:
- The Uncanny X-Men: Part two of the Vanisher arc is up. Part three is in progress at about 20% done.
- The Amazing Spider-Man! We’re out of the Chameleon’s introduction and into the Vulture! Part one is in progress, at about 15% done.
- Pokémon Red Version: this next chapter is coming along very slowly and I apologize for that. However I say it’s about 50% done.
- Batman: What, you thought I was going to do a fanfic universe based off of comics and miss this guy? Not a chance. The first chapter is around fifty percent done.
- Wonder Woman: Call it a little over 25% done.
- Superman: About 33% done. Big first chapter, don’t expect it to come out for a while.
- The Fantastic Four: About 25% done.
- No Blood For Business: On temporary hiatus. I hope to get back at after May.
Right, so thanks to a certain franchise that will not be named, I’m behind on my own writing.
Seriously behind. Like four and a half months behind.
So, today is the day that I get back on track. Here’s the plan:
- New chapters of The Uncanny X-Men and The Amazing Spider-Man before the end of December.
- Another preview chapter of STF: No Blood for Business will also be up before the end of December.
I’ll see you guys tomorrow with another update!
First preview chapter is up! Check it out below the cut!
Goooood morning everybody! Just a quick update on all my shenanigans.
So, I’ve spent the last two, three days playing Star Wars: Battlefront II, and oh man is it awesome. However, I also haven’t got a lot of writing down in that time, so there might be some delays-ish. Not sure if there will be or how much, just letting you know ahead of time.
On another note, due to all the recent trailers and t.v. spots, I feel it is time to do another Star Wars analysis. I’ll have it up for you later today.
See you later!